EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Kohler Co. to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
Kohler Co. is committed to ensuring that:
· All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and other employment-related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or any other characteristic protected by law
· Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity
· All human resource actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, training and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or any other characteristic protected by law
· Associates and applicants will not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have exercised any right protected by law
· It will not be discharged or in any other matter discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the company, or (c) consistent with the company's legal duty to furnish information, and; Associates and applicants will not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have exercised any right protected by law.
Kohler Co. believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are maintained where required by law. All associates are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting Kohler Co. in meeting its objectives.
When Lucia was hired, she felt fairly confident in her company’s overall commitment to providing an equal opportunity work environment. But during her first few months on the job, she quickly felt discriminated against because of her disability. It wasn’t anything blatant, but she definitely felt as if she was not being given the same assignments, responsibilities and opportunities as her other team members. Although she did not have one specific interaction or violation that clearly represented her cause, she definitely felt as though this daily discrimination had to be addressed.
At Kohler Co., our equal opportunity policy must be respected and upheld well beyond the recruiting and hiring process. Discrimination of any sort, on any level, at any time is detrimental to the well-being of our work environment. Infractions should be documented and presented to an HR representative to maintain a diverse and dynamic workplace.