Eco-friendly design professionals, discounts on water-saving products and family activities highlight Kohler’s weekend Earth Expo
KOHLER, Wis. — April 7, 2010 —Two contributors from HGTV and HGTVPro.com will share their tips and remodeling ideas for eco-friendly living and design during Earth Expo, held in the Village of Kohler on Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24. Kohler Co. will also offer visitors a 35 percent discount on more than a dozen KOHLER water-saving faucets, showerheads and toilets during the weekend event. All presentations, demonstrations and family activities are free to the public. Most activities will run 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, April 23 and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 24 at the Kohler Design Center, Kohler Experiential Learning Center, Woodlake Market, and The Shops at Woodlake.
Nicole Facciuto, interior designer and contributing host on HGTV's “Red Hot and Green” show, will discuss how consumers can transform their own homes into eco-friendly environments, during two presentations on Saturday, at the Kohler Design Center (10:45p.m. and 2:15p.m.). Her energy and simple approach to green design and living has made “going green” accessible to everyone.
As a LEED-accredited professional and current member of the U.S. Green Building Council, Facciuto actively publishes articles on green living and sustainability. Her designs have been featured on HGTV, CBS, Oxygen and Bravo networks, and in publications such as Domino and Traditional Home. She is owner and principal of Nicole Facciuto Design, with offices in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Author, contributor and host on HGTVPro.com, and triple master plumber Ed Del Grande, will also talk with Earth Expo visitors, sharing his know-how for virtually any plumbing or home remodeling task, and how to minimize water use in the home. Del Grande will be on hand to meet with visitors in the Kohler Design Center on Friday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and again on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition to presentations by Facciuto and Del Grande, Kohler Co. has teamed up with several local businesses to build awareness and appreciation for the environment through:
- Family Celebrations (Kohler Experiential Learning Center at 901 Lower Road in Kohler, Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.). Targeted for families with children ages 3-12. Open-fire cooking with local farmers, and educational activities involving water and the Earth. Participants will also receive a tree seedling, and can contribute a painting or poem to the “Earth Day River of Words” mural being created on site.
- Green Vendors Fair (Kohler Design Center, Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.). View product information, demos and product samples involving flower seedlings, organic beauty supplies, household cleaners, Friends of the Marsh, Focus on Energy state programs.
- Hybrid Car Test Driving (Shops at Woodlake parking lot, Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Representatives from Lakeland Toyota, Honda, Mazda and Subaru, Dick Brantmeier Ford, Sheboygan Chevrolet/Chrysler and Joe VanHorn-Plymouth will be on hand with a variety of hybrid car brands for visitors to test drive.
- Tree Giveaway (Kohler Design Center and Woodlake Market, Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Kohler Experiential Learning Center, Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
- Compost Demo (Kohler Gardener, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
- Organic Brat Fry, Beer Tasting and Beverage Vendors (Woodlake Market, Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Personal Carbon Footprint Calculations (Woodlake Market, Saturday from 1 to 3 p.m.).
For the complete schedule of events, dates, times and locations, please check:www.destinationkohler.com/calendar/calendar.html